Conference on sustainable transportation is Oct. 29-31September 26, 2007
The UC Davis Institute of Transportation Studies (ITS-Davis) will co-sponsor the transportation conference "On the Road to Sustainability: From Research to Practice" next month in Berkeley.
The program is designed for federal, state and local government officials, private industry leaders, consultants and advisers, and transportation specialists from nonprofit groups.
Topics will include:
- Innovative highway and vehicle technologies;
- Transit's role in a sustainable future;
- Urban goods movement issues and solutions;
- Transportation, land use and urban design;
- Social equity in diverse and growing regions;
- Health and safety aspects of our transport system;
- Alternative fuels -- research to date and implementation challenges;
- Strategies for financing and managing the transport system; and
- Legislative criteria for sustainable transport and development.
Conference home page http://www.uctc.net/path-utc
Sustainable Transportation Center http://stc.ucdavis.edu/
Susan Handy, Sustainable Transportation Center, (530) 752-5878, email@example.com
University of California - Davis
Brightsurf.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.